Santa Cruz County Personal Services, including Massage Therapy, may currently open with modifications.
I re-open based on the requirements established by CAMTC, FSMBT, ABMP, County of Santa Cruz, State of California, CDC, WHO and OSHA.
Regardless of vaccine status, masking and the other following guidelines will continue until all of my governing bodies permit otherwise.
My top priority has always been to bring an unparalled safe experience of healing and rejuvenation to my clients, and my resolve is stronger now than ever before. I have been hard at work to raise the bar of hygiene and sanitation, as well as considering every step of treatment processes to ensure I meet your needs in a focused and safe manner that is in accordance with government guidelines.
Following is valuable information regarding procedural changes in my practice due to COVID-19.
- IF YOU WAKE UP ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT AND FEEL ILL AT ALL, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If you receive the COVID-19 vaccination, please wait 2 days after each injection to schedule a massage. If you have any side effects to your vaccination, wait until you feel better before coming in for a massage. Please let me know if you have been vaccinated.
- Please complete updated Intake Form prior to your appointment. It will be emailed to you. It has been changed with important COVID-19 information, so please read carefully!
- Please prepay your appointment online through your massagebook portal, if you have not already done so, to maintain touchless payment. If your appointment is already scheduled, visit massagebook.com to prepay your appointment. Contact me at 831-419-7552 if you are unsure of how to do this. (This is a recent feature of massagebook.com. There is no longer a need to purchase gift certificates for yourself.)
- Please choose your complimentary aromatherapy online prior to your appointment. Choices are on the website on Products page. www.holisticwomenswellness.com/products. You can let me know what you'd like when you come in.
- Upon arrival, please wait in your car until I text you to enter.
- Clients will be required to wear a mask from entering the office, during massage, throughout visit, until exiting. This is for the entirety of your visit. No exceptions. If you do not have a mask with you, I will provide a disposable one.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entry
- Shoe covers will be provided and need to be used from entering office until exiting.
- Please do not wear gloves into the office
- Touchless temperature will be taken prior to each entry. Temps of 100.4 will need to reschedule. O2 Levels will be taken as well.
- A questionnaire will be texted to you the day before each appointment. If you answer "yes" to any of the questions on the questionnaire, we will need to cancel.
- A basket will be provided to contain all client belongings.
- Please use the bathroom before you arrive at the office and try not to touch things unnecessarily.
- No food or drink is allowed in with you.
- Bring minimal possessions in with you.
- I will end the session if you exhibit symptoms.
- Please be mindful of avoiding touching surfaces as much as possible
- Facial and Scalp massage will not be performed at this time
- Body Buffs and 2 hour sessions will not be performed at this time.
Because COVID-19 is a new disease, information about who is at higher risk of developing a serious infection is still emerging. The CDC suggests that people with these underlying conditions are at higher risk for developing serious infections:
- Older adults (65 years and older)
- People with a history of coagulopathy
- People who have had a stroke or cerebrovascular disease
- People who live outside of Santa Cruz County
- People who have traveled outside of Santa Cruz County in the 2 weeks prior to appointment
- People living in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- People with chronic lung disease
- People with moderate to severe asthma
- People with heart conditions
- People undergoing cancer treatment
- Bone marrow or organ transplant recipients
- People with sickle cell disease or thalassemia
People with compromised or suppressed immunity
- People with poorly controlled HIV or AIDS
- People with prolonged use of corticosteroids
- People with severe obesity (BMI 40 or above)
- People with diabetes (type 1 and 2)
- People with chronic kidney disease and undergoing dialysis
- People with liver disease
- People with Dementia and Alzheimer's
- People with Down's Syndrome
- People who are smokers (current or former)
- Substance use disorders (alcohol, opiods, cocaine)
Please understand that if you have one of these conditions, you are advised to forego massage therapy while COVID-19 is still present in your community. Should you decide to proceed with massage therapy you assume all risk related to COVID-19 infection.
If You Have Had Covid-19:
- Has your medical doctor asked you to self-isolate and not allowed you to return to work?
- Has your medical doctor asked you to curtail returning to normal activity levels?
- Since your infection, do you have any new skin marks, lesions or rashes, especially on the toes, but anywhere on the body?
- Since your infection, do have any new deep muscle or joint pain, unrelated to physical activity?
- Since your infection, do you have any discomfort with exertion?
- Are you taking any drugs to manage blood clotting?
- Any other long-term consequences from your infection?
If you answer yes to ANY of these questions, please contact me prior to booking an appointment at (831)419-7552.
Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, I have modified my cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to my clients. I hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, I understand and request for you to please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. Text 831-419-7552. To further support you, there will be no penalties for cancellations.
Overview of Sanitation Protocol:
I will be following protocol approved by ABMP, CAMTC, FSMBT, County of Santa Cruz, State of California, CDC, WHO and OSHA. Many of my cleaning and disinfection steps are the same as before COVID-19 with stepped up procedures.
- Linens changed completely between clients with soiled linens stored outside of treatment room
- Table, and headrest disinfected prior to changing sheets
- High touch surfaces disinfected with CDC approved supplies between each client, massage table, face cradle, stool, door knobs, counters, bench, chairs, tables, bathroom surfaces
- Sanitizer available in treatment room
- I will sanitize my hands during treatment if for any reason I touch anything other than you
- If you are accompanying a client to their appointment, I ask that you wait outside the office. The waiting room is closed. Magazines, unlidded trashcans removed
- Protocol signage posted in bathroom and treatment room
- The window will remain open during workday to allow for air circulation
- I will be freshly masked and aproned with each client
- Fans will run continually to circulate air
- There will be a towel positioned on the floor between bench and massage table so you will not touch the floor with your feet
- A HEPA/UVC Germ Guardian Air purifier will be run throughout the work day
- A UVC Light will be run after the work day
- All implements/supplies will be sterilized between clients
- Talking will be minimized on the table to minimize aerosol
- I will not automatically provide water after your session, so let me know if you would like a bottle, or, if you are diabetic, if you need a sugar boost post treatment
- Lobby floor will be vacuumed with a HEPA UVC vacuum at end of day.
- Bathroom will be thoroughly cleaned per OSHA and CDC requirements at end of each day
- Floors will be mopped with CDC approved cleaner at end of each day
- I will be monitoring my health daily, cancelling appointments and self quarantining for 2 weeks in the event of illness
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call, text or email me.
Yours in Health,
Holistic Women's Wellness